The UK Jewish Internet Service
Brijnet are the pioneers of UK
Jewish "internetting". As a result of our activities a number
of organisations and individuals have gone on line and others are about to join
the information revolution.
Brijnet was formed in 1990 by Avrum
Goodblat (founder of the Shamash service in the USA) and is the longest
established Jewish Internet provider in the UK. It operates with similar
initiatives around the world providing an umbrella organisations for
co-operation for local initiatives.
Brijnet has one aim - that of
working with the Internet in the community
Brijnet offers a one-stop shop for
Jewish internet services - providing:
- unique domain name for Jewish organisations & individuals in the UK
- training at your location
- technical support
- web hosting
- web design
- e-lists (to join via the web click on the list name>
- Brijnet announce list, news about UK events, requests about life in the UK
- weekly sedra sheet from the United Synagogue (O) London
- list of the Union of Jewish Students of the UK & Ireland
- (this list is restricted to members of the UJS)
Archives Click on a name to view backcopies of these lists:
Other activities include:
- gopher pages for Jewish organisations
- information on UK Jewish activities & facilities for local residents
- helping reunite families & friends...
- ... & creating new contacts
- news about the UK Jewish scene
- etc. etc.
In other words, Brijnet provides you with real/immediate and useful
help from the internet
Brijnet now works with media suppliers to offer commercial web-based
advertising and consultancy.
Return to Brijnet Home Page
Sivan 5757/June 1997
last revised Nissan